Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Weekly Email - 11/3/14


So... I got emergency transferred this week!! Kind of crazy. I'm not 100% on all the details but Elder Alspaugh was having a really hard time and almost ended up going home. President just wanted to give him a fresh start I guess so he switched me out with another missionary. He made sure to tell me I didn't do anything wrong and that it wasn't my fault which is good because I feel like there is always someone to blame with ET's..
So here is my new address-
219 S. Park Ave
McPherson, KS 67460

But I'm now in McPherson, KS! It's a pretty small town but we cover a huge area and cover lots of the smaller surrounding towns. We have a full time car which is always really nice! I'll be finishing my new companion, Elder Bradshaw's training and I'm still serving as a District Leader. But here's how my week went.
Monday-Regular P day. E mailed and then played some sports at the church

Tuesday- We had district meeting and then went on exchanges with the Zone Leaders. I went with a good friend Elder Nield and we had a pretty good day. We saw some good investigators but our member team up did a ton of talking.
Wednesday- Me and Elder Nield went and ate some food at a Vietnamese sisters house. We had some kind of steamed catfish sushi rolls. So I'm sure ya'll know I loved that... haha but it was definitely the most interesting thing I've eaten on my mission! I found out later once we had exchanged back that I was going to get transferred so we went to the ward halloween party and I said peace to all the people I knew.
Thursday-Transferred and went to my new area in McPherson! My new companion is a stud and I'm sure we will have a great time serving together!  We went and visited some potentials and then saw a less active couple, the Travelors.
Friday-Kind of a slow day. We had district meeting and lunch. Everyone tried to convince me they have a basketball tournament after accountabilities in district meeting here. Haha so it's a pretty cool fun district! But I didn't fall for it! haha. We saw some investigators when we got back to McPherson but we had to be in by six for halloween. So we went and hung out with a cool young couple without any kids and played some board games.
Saturday-We saw a bunch of people today but nothing too noteworthy. We saw the Travelors again and committed them to come to church the next day. They haven't been for quite some time so that was some great progress with them.
Sunday- We got a ride with the Travelors to church! So it was good that they came! We didn't get any investigators to come though which always is too bad.. But after church we went out with one of the senior office missionaries that actually lives in the ward and went to one of the smaller towns and tried all of the less actives there. We met with a few of them and they said we could come back so it was pretty productive. After that we had dinner with them and I tried a drop of the hottest hot sauce in the world!! I had to drink a whole glass of milk and eat a whole piece of bread before it died down at all. And it was only 1 tiny drop!!
Well that was pretty much it for my week! Everything is going pretty good! I like my new area a lot so I'll be excited to serve here for a while!
Love you all!
Elder Boman
  
This is the senior missionary that came out with us, Elder Chumbley. He's a bad A! haha

No comments:

Post a Comment