Monday, March 24, 2014

FIRST Email from the field!!! - 3/24/14



 Yay!  First email and he even sent a couple pictures.  This must be him and his companion. 

Family,

So traveling went just fine! made it to the mission and stayed the night at President Bell's house. Him and his wife are great! They are both a lot of fun and should be great for these next 2 years!

So I got my first assignment and it is in Falls City, Nebraska!! haha It's really the tiniest part of the mission. It's a brand new area and was only open for 6 weeks before I got here. It's a super small town where everybody knows everybody, but my area goes into some of Kansas and we cover like 5 or 6 small towns that are all at least like 20 minutes apart. We drive a brand new Corolla and get 1400 miles a month. The rest of the mission only gets 500 miles a month.

My trainer's name is Elder Stopper. He's from Texas and has a reputation for being a hard worker and being intense in the mission. During the transfer devotional when they announced I was going to Falls City with Elder Stopper everyone in the devotional when "oooohhh" so I'm still figuring out what that means... But we get along great! haha He's a lot of fun and gets along really well with people he just works hard. Nothing wrong with that!

We challenge people for baptism on the first lesson out here so I've been able to challenge like 3 people and commit one to a date! Elder Stopper won't challenge people, he says I have to! So I've had a lot of practice with that!

It's been pretty cold up here like in the 30's! It's even snowing a little bit today! So we went into this guys house yesterday and it was horrible. It smelled like someone had died! Most people out here are pretty trashy.. It's awesome! There's actually a pretty prevalent drug presence. We hear about it at almost every house and another challenge we have is trying to get people that accept the gospel off drugs. The Branch is tiny! I think there was like 30 people at church on Sunday. It's hard to get people to come to church because the building is like 20 minutes away and a lot of people don't have cars.

Elder Boman


No comments:

Post a Comment