Monday, October 13, 2014

Weekly Email - 10/13/14

Brad's district

Well it is transfer week this week and I'm going to be leaving Junction City! I'm a little torn because it was a great area and I really liked working with Elder Mitchell but I'm sure I'll love my new area just as much! I'll be headed to the Rolling Hills ward which is in Wichita and I'm going to be finishing my new companion-Elder Alspaugh's training and be District Leader. It's a little close to the mission home for my liking but I'm sure it'll be good! It's right next to an Air Force Base so I must be ok at talking with military people or something. haha

We went a little finding crazy here this week because we knew Elder Mitchell was going to stay and be training so I wanted to help him have a good teaching pool for the new guy. So we found 15 new investigators this week! It was pretty fun but here is how the rest of our week went.

Monday-Same old P Day routine. E Mail, look for ties and FHE

Tuesday-We went on exchanges with our Zone Leaders after our District Meeting and it was a pretty good time. Elder Nield came here with me and he's an awesome guy. We saw Gary and he is doing really great and then did a little bit of finding and made one of our long time potentials a new investigator. We saw a couple other less actives and stopped by Megan's, I think she is still doing good. We met with Ray tonight and got him committed to be baptized Oct. 25th and to live the word of wisdom! It was really awesome!! He doesn't really seem like the kind of guy that would ever give up chewing or drinking but when we told him we prayed about him getting baptized on the 25th and that the Lord wants him to be baptized then, he was completely committed to it!

Wednesday-Had to exchange back, weekly plan, then help someone move so we kind of got to a late start on our usual proselyting but we still had a great day! We did some tracting before dinner and found 4 new investigators! The Zinkens fed us dinner and then we had coordination meeting.

Thursday-It was pouring rain today but we still wanted to do lots more finding so we tracted out an apartment building and then went and met with some other less solid investigators. We went and taught a part member family that really isn't too into church. The parents are members but the kids aren't and they really struggle to even believe if there is a God. We shared some scriptures with them and left them some commitments to read and pray so hopefully they do that! We had dinner with the Zumbrennens and then Brother Thomas came out with us and he took us to meet his neighbor that seemed pretty interested but was busy and then we saw an investigator named Emma that we taught the first lesson to and committed her to be baptized the 25th! 

Friday-Did some more finding and went on a brief exchange with the spanish elders in our area! I couldn't' really tell what was going on because it was all in Spanish but we found 3 new investigators! We had dinner and went over to Ray's. He made us some loaded baked potato skins that were really good. Although, he almost set the house on fire because the oil was way too hot! The whole house was filled with smoke! It was really funny. We taught him about the Gospel of Jesus Christ and more about baptism and he is looking really solid for that date. He is still living the Word of Wisdom!! He's a super cool army guy and has some really funny stories to tell.

Saturday-We went to one of the Zinken kids football games and then helped our awesome ward mission leader-Brother Nakasone mow some Less active members lawns. We saw Emma again and taught her Lehi's vision of the tree of life and then went by Ray's and taught him the same thing. It's always really good to teach newer investigators that because then they can expect to have some "mists of darkness" and a "Great and Spacious Building" marring their path to the Tree of Life.

Sunday-Saw some offended excommunicated members.. Always fun. And then a really cool part member family that is committed to start coming back to church. We had church and Ray and his Wife came! We showed him the baptismal font and he seems like he really wants to on the 25th. Except he wants to get "mormon" tattooed on his chest after.. haha So we had to tell him why that probably wouldn't be ok. Brother Nakasone came to visit some people with us after church and then we went to dinner at the Aiono's. They were a really awesome family and I will definitely miss their Sunday evening meals.

Well that was about it for our week! It was really fun serving here and Junction City will always be a good place to remember. Thanks everyone for all your love and support! I love you all! '

Elder Boman
 
 
 I always compliment the mission leader in our ward on his sweet pocket hankeys, so he hooked me up! 
  
The Zumbrennens who always feed us when we don't have a dinner!  

No comments:

Post a Comment